Boo hoo.... Nov 08, 2004 Thought I’d have a moan about a few bits and bobs…same old, same old I had a bit of an interesting experience today when my speedo decided to die halfway to Rhwibina. Could have been worse I guess, could of been on the motorway. Anyway, best get that sorted. Uni seems to be going ok, the works piling up a bit though. It’s a bit of a nightmare to think about teaching and researching within the same day, takes me ages to adjust and concentrate for that matter. ...
Weddings Galore Oct 11, 2004 I’ve been to so many of my close mates wedding over the last couple of years… In fact I don’t actually think any of the old school crew are still single! Anyway in celebration of this, and Pauls recent marriage to Lisa, I’ve shoved up a gallery to show off some of the pics I have for them. The gallery is located here, and for the blog here’s Paul in his new found role:
Update Aug 16, 2004 Seeing as how I haven’t posted anything here properly for far too long, I thought I’d give an update on everything I’ve been doing since we last spoke.. Firstly, I got my degree, with the grades I wanted, although not perhaps in the subjects I expected to get them in, though I guess thats always the way. As a result of that, I’m going to be staying on at Cardiff for a PhD conducting research into the PASOA project over the coming year. ...
Security Aug 08, 2004 Blimey, some cheeky blighter signed up and posted on my blog! Well, I suppose it was my fault really seeing as how wordpress was configured to allow it! Anyway, I removed the offending post and reconfigured so we’re now back to normality…
Chicken Breasts May 06, 2004 In order to give a little more items of interest here, these are a few of the images which I’ve been creating to assist me with my Image Processing module here at Cardiff… Basically, an image of a Chicken Breast is taken, and the best approximation to a cardioid found and displayed. This involves taking an image, performing Median filtering upon it to remove noise, edge detecting it with sobel masks, forming an accumulator space from the approximate gradient determined, and finally locating the largest peak within this space…. ...
It's been a while May 03, 2004 Hmm, haven’t really written much here in a while. Things are going ok, I have my final 4 exams over the next fortnight which I’m currently struggling revising for. Will hopefully pull out the grades I want, but I’m cutting it fine.. I’ve also finished my project, and its up and running on the web at www.understroke.com (requires client side XSL processing, IE 6+ Mozilla 1.4+). Anyway, thats all I have to say for now, I’m off to watch Kill Bill 2. ...
Image Processing - Connected Component Analysis Mar 05, 2004 Ahh, theres a result. I’ve been working some image processing coursework trying to correctly label an B+W image with a different label for each object in the image…it’s taken ages!…. The basic premise is, go through each pixel in the image. If this pixel has a neighbour which is labelled, label it with that label, if two pixel neighbours labels differ, store the equivalence in a table and resolve it later. ...
Arggh Feb 26, 2004 I’m realling struggling at the moment to get a visual interface all sorted and loverly so people can literally “point-and-click”. I made the decision to do this after talks with both my supervisor and moderator and have been trying like crazy to get it sorted, its taken over a week so far! Not good. My moderator also suggested that trying to find example XML schemas for CMS’s which were already out on the market at the moment for would make for good reading also. ...
Mid-Year with Moderator Feb 16, 2004 Just had my mid-year meeting follow-up with my moderator. It seems he would like to see a focus on XML standards for this system, rather than just a botch of XML which I decided on. Don’t really know how I decide on that. On searching for them though I found a CMS XML framework (uh-oh) which basically just outputs everything as XML. Find it here.
IE Feb 11, 2004 Just realised that my cms doesn’t display properly in IE6. Might explain why it looked so dodgy at my mid-year meeting with my supervisor. Got a few extra things in my project, permission system is fully functional, priorities for roles, workflow management – all of which still have bugs. Going to get down to the actual “management” part of the CMS tomorrow.